This seems like it should just be trivial to implement, because you
see it everywhere...but I'm just not having much luck.

I have a website that is setup, pretty much like a slideshow - I have
a forward and back button and the div in which they load is right
above. I am using this bit of code to load the external html file:

&.get('sourcefiles/example.html', function(innerHtml){
                $('#ajax_content').html(innerHtml);
});

I would like to show a loading image that waits for everything to load
completely.

It seems that it already waits for the HTML to get get loaded, but the
image files still continue to load on screen. I know I would pop a
hidden div in with the loading image and just toggle it on and off
before and after loading, but I just can't figure out how to make
jquery wait for the images to load before toggling the loading image
off.

Hopefully thats clear enough, thanks in advance for any help