On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 10:02:01AM -0800, MorningZ wrote:

> So to clarify, you always want that column to be sequentially 1 to n
> where n is the number of rows?

Yes.

> and if so, and the sort is descending, would it be n to 1 ?

No. the first row should always rank #1. The user can reverse the sort
order if he wants to. The user wants to know the rank of some row near
the middle of the table without having to manually count the rows.

--
Our doctrine is based on private property. Communism is based on
systematic plunder, since it consists in handing over to one man,