How can I wait for the load() function to finish before executing the
next line of code?  The code that I need to execute after load() is
finished cannot be called within the callback function.  I basically
need to return true after the load has finished but not beforehand.

Here's the relevant code:

jQuery(this).cluetip({
                                        cluetipClass: 'jtip',
                                        arrows: true,