You want to use POST, but you are sending your data as GET (without
url encoding).
So I'm pretty sure it cuts before "#", because # is a non-alphanumeric
character and you haven't urlencoded your data.

Data in URL  = GET, not POST, even if you are using $.post .

http://docs.jquery.com/Post

So either urlencode your data before putting it in the request or send
it as POST.

Also I'm not sure how it worked for you on server-side, if you were
expecting $_POST... I assume you were expecting
$_REQUEST instead, which is not a good idea in my opinion.