I am using sortable and using the update feature to post the order

$("#2").sortable({
                //connectWith: ["#homePage","#acquire","#build"],
                items: "li",
                opacity: "90",
                revert: true,
                placeholder: "sortHelper",
                activeclass: "sortActive",
                hoverclass: "sortHelper",
                dropOnEmpty:true,
                update: function(element, ui) {
                         $.post("addLinks.php",{
step:'update',order:$(this).sortable
("serialize")});
it seems that update doesnt work after i upgraded to jquery 1.3.1
i also upgraded jquery ui to
1.5.3 as well as sortable

I can drag and drop and do everything I used to be able to do with
1.2.6. I upgraded to take advantage of the new live function for event
delegation

What could of changed or what I am i missing to make update work

Thanks

Tom