Rick,

I've got a project that I used jTemplates on.  They're nice because you use
standard HTML to template with and just wrap your JSON items in braces.  For
me, at least, it took a bunch of javascript strings (some upwards of 1000
characters) and replaced them with a straightforward block of HTML code.
Word of caution, though: jtemplates does increase load times (hardly
noticeable on a modern browser - including IE8, but moderately noticeable on
IE7 and *very* noticeable on IE6).

http://plugins.jquery.com/project/jTemplates
http://jtemplates.tpython.com/
http://www.ajaxprojects.com/ajax/tutorialdetails.php?itemid=472