I just wanted to ask in general if using jQuery inconjunction with
Wordpress does actually work? I'm pretty sure if jQuery (attached with
a jQuery plugin) would work if it was to be included on the frontpage
(index.php) but maybe not for individual Wordpress posts? It's has
been quite a mountain to see if jQuery would work at all as I was
trying to use the Cycle plugin for a simple prev/next image slideshow
but to no avail. changing the script to jQuery () didn't work either.

I've decided to use Lightbox which uses the Prototype framework and
that does work but prefer images within <ul>'s and <li>'s with a div
overflow: hidden than Lightbox.