jQuery works just fine with wordpress. There is nothing in wordpress
that may conflict with jquery. Moreover, wordpress admin panel uses
jquery.

Can you post a link to your page, so we could look into it and try to
find out what's causing the problem...

----
Read jQuery HowTo Resource  -  http://jquery-howto.blogspot.com