Just for the record, if you weren't able to modify the html, you could use my Text Children plugin, which, unlike .text(). isn't recursive:

http://plugins.learningjquery.com/textchildren/

--Karl

Karl Swedberg
www.englishrules.com
www.learningjquery.com

On Feb 5, 2009, at 5:01 PM, amazz...@gmail.com wrote:

You know how sometimes you are working on a problem and you stare at
it so long that the most obvious answers escape you until someone
points it out and it is like a smack in the face?

Yeah. Serious 'duh' moment on my part. Thanks.