Mike, thank you so much for your patience with me on this one.

I've created a simplified version of this page taking out all of the css and
unnecessary javascript. all that is there is jquery, form plugin, and the
few functions used for the page:
http://www.paperdemon.com/tests/comments_plain.php

I still get the same behavior. File upload works fine in non-AJAX. Plain
text comments work fine in AJAX. As soon as you add the file upload, it has
a cow and doesn't properly submit in the AJAX environment.

I just upgraded the plain page to the latest version of jquery and the form
plugin. And I noticed that with the new version, it does not make it to the
success callback and you'll see this when you submit the form it gets stuck
on the "loading..." text This was likely a bug fix of some kind.

But still my file uploads are not working in ajax. What should my next steps
be?

Susie "BogusRed" Sahim
http://www.PaperDemon.com