Hi all,

I am playing around with jquery.autocomplete.js file since last couple
of days. There is a function inside this file name "function init()",
inside this there is a "function(event)" which takes care of mouseover
events. have a look:

function init() {
        if (!needsInit)
                return;
        element = $("<div/>")
        .hide()
        .addClass(options.resultsClass)
        .css("position", "absolute")
        .appendTo(document.body);

        list = $("<ul/>").appendTo(element).mouseover( function(event) {
                if(target(event).nodeName &&
target(event).nodeName.toUpperCase() ==
'LI') {
            active = $("li", list).removeClass(CLASSES.ACTIVE).index
(target(event));
                    $(target(event)).addClass(CLASSES.ACTIVE);
                        //getSubList('Computers');
                        //alert($(event.target).list);
                        //alert($(target(event)).element.parentNode);
                        //alert($(target(event)).element.value);
        }
        }).click(function(event) {
                $(target(event)).addClass(CLASSES.ACTIVE);
                select();
                // TODO provide option to avoid setting focus again after
selection?
useful for cleanup-on-focus
                input.focus();
                return false;
        }).mousedown(function() {
                config.mouseDownOnSelect = true;
        }).mouseup(function() {
                config.mouseDownOnSelect = false;
        });

        if( options.width > 0 )
                element.css("width", options.width);

        needsInit = false;
}

if you look at closely on the commented lines inside function(event)
added by me, you will find that I am trying to alert the mouseover
value, but I am not getting success in it, I am getting errors like
"undefined", "[object Object]" but not getting the actual value.

My motto is when once I get the mouseover value, I will pass it to a
function [like //getSubList('my_alerted_value');] and use that value
in my html code.

Please help me on this and let me know how should I able to alert the
mouseover value.

Thanks a lot in Advance
Puneet