After looking this over, I found that the validator wasn't picking up
your submit button, which isn't really a button.  It's the link you
use to submit.  the validation plugin won't catch this because it
[your link] appears to do a straight up call to form.submit().  I
popped a submit button in there and all your rules started working.
Hope this helps,

Aaron