Hey all,

I've done some digging for a jQuery RSS feed plugin. Some good ones
out there.
jFeed:
http://www.hovinne.com/blog/index.php/2007/07/15/132-jfeed-jquery-rss-atom-feed-parser-plugin
Other: http://www.levelfield.com/rss.html
FeedReader:
http://blogs.atalayasec.org/dev/2008/02/jquery-rss-feed-reader-plugin/

Some GoogleGroup discussion already with local solutions:
http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-en/browse_thread/thread/3c2d9a352ed93586/d4af283e8e6753e2?lnk=gst&q=rss#d4af283e8e6753e2

Here's the thing... I could get all of them to work, but only with
local feeds. When I try to load an external RSS feed, I get this error
in Firebug:

Access to restricted URI denied" code: "1012
[Break on this error] xhr.open(type,s.url,s.async);try{if(s.da...
[s.url]=modRes;if(!jsonp)success();}else

Can anyone help me on how to take the local solutions above and add in
a bit of extra code to work with external feeds as well?

Note that I'm working in Java not PHP, so jFeed's proxy won't help.
(But I'm a front-end designer, not Java dev, so I don't know how to
parse it with Java).