Hi Guys

I am having a tough time getting the hang of jQuery so the best of
learning for me is to see my current code in jQuery so I can
understand it better. Here is an GET ajax request I make in JS:

        function GET(link) {
                // -- Enable Loader Tag
                setClassName("message", "display");

                // -- Execute xmlhttprequest
                var xhr = CreateRequest();
                xhr.open("GET",link,false);
                xhr.send(null);

                try {
                        // -- Check for Custom Exception Message
                        var x = xhr.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("message");
                        if(x != null) {
                                //-Print Exception
                                exception(x[0].childNodes[0].nodeValue);
                                return false;
                        }
                } catch(e) {
                        // -- No custom exception found, continue as normal
                        if(xhr.status==200) {
                                setClassName("message", "setnone");
                                return xhr.responseText;
                        }
                        else if(xhr.status==500) {
                                exception(500);
                                return false;
                        }
                        else if(xhr.status==501) {
                                exception(501);
                                return false;
                        }
                        else if(xhr.status==404) {
                                exception(404);
                                return false;

Is it ok if someone could convert it into a jQuery for me ? I have
gone through many tutorials but I wouldnt know how to implement it
into my code above.