You'll probably need to supply a snippet of the relevant bit of your
code. It could be a number of things.

Make sure you're doing the modifications to the loaded HTML (which
will be located in the element you've chosen) in the callback
function.

You might be better off using the $.get() function or the "full"
ajax() function. They offer a lot more flexibility, such as not
directly dumping the newly loaded HTML into the document. You get a
chance to process it and put it where you want it to go.

Karl Rudd