Thanks, cleaning up the trailing commas got me past that issue. Now
what I'm seeing is when the page loads, it says "IE cannot open ....
operation failed" and displays error page. I've narrowed it down to
the autocomplete code below. I copied that block of code and added the
extra parms, but that was it. Any ideas on that? If I comment out the
autocomplete code and/or the elements referenced, the page loads fine.

[html]
$("#fname").autocomplete("../pu/puajax-h.html",
{
    delay:10,
    minChars:2,
    matchSubset:1,
    matchContains:1,
    cacheLength:10,
    onItemSelect:selectItem,
    onFindValue:findValue,
    //formatItem:formatItem,
    autoFill:true,
    extraParams: {mode:"autocomplete",field:"fname",loginid: $
("#loginid").val()}
    //maxItemsToShow:10,
});
$("#lname").autocomplete("../pu/puajax-h.html",
{
    delay:10,
    minChars:2,
    matchSubset:1,
    matchContains:1,
    cacheLength:10,
    onItemSelect:selectItem,
    onFindValue:findValue,
    //formatItem:formatItem,
    autoFill:true,
    extraParams: {mode:"autocomplete",field:"lname",loginid: $
("#loginid").val()}
    //maxItemsToShow:10,
});
[/html]