Hi,

I might have used the wrong terminology here so I will explain what I
want to do. I am currently using the jquery.form plugin to make my
forms 'ajaxable' where needed. However, I would like to add some extra
functionality to the plugin which is specific to my application. In
this circumstance is it better to write the functionality into the
plugin directly or 'extend' it somehow? I say 'extend' when all I
really need is to add some functions. Some forms won't need this extra
functionality so extending it seems to me, to be the way forward.

Would I use extend() to do this or is there some other syntactic sugar
I can use?

Sources:
http://docs.jquery.com/Plugins/Authoring