On Wednesday 18 February 2009, Alexandre Plennevaux wrote:
> you can use load, you just have to setup the ajaxSetup controlling
> your ajax main parameters so you set it to your liking, then you call
> the load(). It is built on top of the ajax method to ease its use.
> See: http://docs.jquery.com/Ajax/jQuery.ajaxSetup#options
  I am looking at: http://docs.jquery.com/Types#Options
  in addition I am looking at printed material
  I see from the book: "jQuery In Action" - page 252 documentation for
 $.ajaxSetup(properties). The properties object can contain a dataType value.

 1)What datatype value would configure $load so that it would handle
 both script and html. IOWS the CGI script returns both javascript
 and html?

 2)Are these datatype strings themselves case sensitive.

  Time is limited for me right now, I'll do my home work a little
  later. :-)

 thanks again