Hi there,

I'm trying to write a news ticker script that horizontally slides 1
item from right to left in a box. Most news ticker scripts use
multiple items for this, but my needs are somewhat different.

Well I've kinda got it working, except for when I hover over it. Then
when the cursor goes away, the speed's been affected as well as the
item stops ticking by. Here is my code:

        "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";>
<head>
        <title>jQuery news ticker test</title>
                #newsticker {
                        width: 198px;
                        border: 1px solid #999;
                        overflow: hidden;
                        height: 20px;
                        padding: 2px;
                        font: 12px Arial #000;
                }

                #newsticker ul {
                        list-style: none;
                        margin: 0px;
                        padding: 0px;
                        width: 600px;
                        position: relative;
                }

                #newsticker ul li {
                        display: inline-block;
                        margin: 0px 5px;
                        position: absolute;
                        left: 200px;
                }
        <script src="jquery-1.3.1.js" type="text/javascript"
charset="utf-8"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">
                $(document).ready(function() {
                        function scroller() {
                                $('#newsticker ul li').animate(
                                        {left: "-200px"},