You could trigger the activation event. Something like this, maybe:

$('#mytip').cluetip({activation: 'click'});

And then later, when you want to show it:

$('#mytip').triggerHandler('click');

Or if you don't have activation: 'click', you could just do this:

$('#mytip').trigger('mouseover')

Hope that helps.

--Karl

Karl Swedberg