The risk with linking to a "latest" build is that something will break
when the linked-to version of jquery changes. Imagine for instance
that you made heavy use of @selectors, and were running live with
these when the change was made from 1.2 to 1.3. Your site would break.
Such eventualities as this are not impossible in the future.

I'd always recommend linking to a specific version of the code and
testing your site before upgrading the live version of jQuery, that
way you eliminate the possibility of bugs creeping in. Your site has a
dependency on a specific version of jQuery to function, and you need
to ensure that it still works when upgraded.