On Mar 24, 2009, at 11:44 AM, rivkadr wrote:

The add table row is being added with:

New</a></p>

ok.

No, your code does not work for me. It's exactly the same as the code
I've been trying since last night, so no offense -- why would it
work? ;)

umm. because it worked fine for me, as I already mentioned. If you open http://jsbin.com/ideju/ in Firefox and look at the last row, which was appended using the addTableRow function, in Firebug, you'll see the ID (13).

My problem here is that the id is not changing -- if you read what I
wrote, I mentioned that I can see in the generated source that it is
not changing.

Really? Are you seriously questioning whether I read what you wrote? I'm volunteering my time trying to help you, and you think it's somehow appropriate to insult me?

In particular, I read this:

Doing that makes no
difference -- if I add a new row to the table, and try to change the
id, so that it will have an id different than the cloned row (and
thereby, hopefully be sortable), it just isn't happening.

... and I was responding to the "hopefully be sortable" part. Depending on how the dragndrop plugin is written, the ID change may be the least of your problems.

That's all that I need. Once that happens, the sortable
stuff should work as well.

Maybe. Maybe not.

If you'd like me to help you further, let me know which browser you're testing this in so I can try to replicate it in the same environment.

--Karl