Hello,

I have a table of items, and each one of them is manageable somehow.
That is, for each one of them I can provide links to modify,
enable/disable, delete, etc. Basically a simple CRUD application.

Now, instead of using ever-present links for each row, I'd like to
show a little div with the options on top of the row under the mouse
cursor. Just as a test, I managed to hot-track the current row with a
.hover() and I also positioned the div (a "global" div, BTW) on the
tracked row.

My problem is that when the mouse pointer goes over that div the
underlying <tr>'s mouseout triggers. and what comes next is a
flickering of said div. Essentially triggering/retriggering of
onmouseover & onmouseout events. So, finally, my question. Is there a
way to have a div (front layer in this case) to ignore, or pass
"below" mouse events?

I'm jQuery noob, BTW.

Thanks a lot,
Carlos.