When I use firebug to see what's in the HTML I only see:

<input type="text" value="" name="partnum"/>

- Jack

webguy262 wrote:
Jack

I think I've got that, don't I?

>From my post...

<input type="text" name="partnum" id="partnum" readonly>

Am I missing something?

Jack Killpatrick wrote:
try adding id="partnum" to the form field that has name="partnum".

- Jack

webguy262 wrote:
webguy262 wrote:
I have two forms on a page (www.eastexhaust.com/inventory.php).

One uses ajax to generate a part number by selecting values from a
series
of selection boxes.

The other form emails the part number so we can reply with a quote.

Everything works fine in FFox, but does not work in IE.

Therefore, I have had to make things harder by asking the user to copy
and
paste their part number into the email form instead of having it entered
there automatically.

To display the part number to the user, I'm using this in the JS...

document.getElementById('myspan').innerHTML = result;

...and this in the html...

To get the variable in the email form, I'm using this in the JS...

document.getElementById('partnum').value= result;

...and this in the html...

<input type="text" name="partnum" id="partnum" readonly>

As I said, this works everywhere but not in IE.

How can I use Jquery to make it work across the board?

Thanks!