Apparently, this is how the script I have works - I guess it's
possible to do the same thing with jQuery?

The script accepts a list of elements, then creates an array of their
heights + top position. It then needs to sort that array numerically
using the sortNumeric() function and then will set the eventual lowest
baseline. It should then loop through each of the elements and set
their heights to be the baseline (i.e. the lowest point) minus their
top position, using a simultaneous equation: bottom = height + top,
therefore height = bottom - top.