Ricardo,

I see your point now.  I was under the impression $.browser was
becoming deprecated so $.support would take it's place.  But given the
fact that I currently need to run one method for IE6, I will continue
to use the $.browser method.

In regards to conditional comments, this becomes a performance issue
where an additional JavaScript request is made on the server and has
to download, impacting page load speed.  I would rather take my
chances with a browser sniff in one JS file than have to load an
additional JS file AND maintain that JS file.  For small scale sites,
this isn't an issue but for enterprise level sites, it is.