Yeah, I knew they couldn't be accessed but within one page,

but that would be a big help with a totally ajax-driven app.

But,  oh well.not all languages can measure up to ColdFusion. ;o)

Rick

From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:jquery...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Charlie Griefer
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 4:31 PM
To: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
Subject: [jQuery] Re: How do I access global variables for id's, etc.?

session variables are stored on the server, and therefore can persist across
multiple requests.

JavaScript variables don't really persist beyond a single page request (AJAX
notwithstanding).  You can set global JS variables that any script block or
function on -that- particular page request can access.  But if you're
looking to set a single JS variable once and dereference it across multiple
page requests, that's not really how JavaScript works.  It's a client side
technology.

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 1:22 PM, Rick Faircloth <r...@whitestonemedia.com>