I am working on a custom filter to check for errors by adding the
addMethod() function within the jQuery Validation Plugin. I have
success so far with most of it except for the last few items.

1) Individual Messages – I like to replace the alert messages to
append their own message. I tried several methods according to the
plugin except I keep getting this error Warning: No message defined
for keywords. I can eliminate this by adding a common error message
for keywords except I am looking for individual messages.

Here is what I have add success with so far.
$.validator.addMethod("keywords", function(value, element) {
        if (this.optional(element)) {
                return true;
        }
        var valid = true;
        var keywords = value.split(',');
        var valid = (value.length > 0);
        for (var i in keywords) {
                keyword = Trim(keywords[i]);
                if (keyword.length < 3) {
                        //alert('to short '+keyword);
                        var valid = false;
                }
                else if (keyword.length > 30) {
                        //alert('to long '+keyword);
                        var valid = false;
                }
                else if (keyword.match(/\b\w+\b/g).length > 2) {
                        //alert('to many words '+keyword);
                        var valid = false;
                }
                // else if (duplicates) { }
                // else if (each word greater than 2 characters) {}
        }
        return valid;
});

If I can get help with item 1 I would appreciate it allot. Items 2 and
3 are not important unless someone has done something similar I give
suggestions.

2) Validate duplicate words – If 2 keywords are the same fire off an
error.

Allow Example: water, waterfront
Disallowed Example: waterfront, waterfront

3) Validate character length in each word – If an individual word is
less than 3 characters fire off an error.

Allow Example: the waterfront
Disallowed Example: a waterfront