Sure! I have a few other plugins I also want to upload, I'll do that.

I took the time to rewrite it more carefully. No more binding/
unbinding, a single var, all namespaced and bugs ironed out (if you
put the cursor away while holding the button, the mouseover would
remain active even after mouseup).

The advantage of namespacing is you can easily remove all event
handlers. I included that in the plugin, in the example you can use $
('ul').dragCheck(false) to disable it completely.

http://jsbin.com/amoxi/edit

cheers,
- ricardo