thanks a bunch for your reply, and a thorough one as well

I've experimented with a similar technique that you suggest
where I had a template of xhtml and I thought I'll clone this and
add the content, sounds like an excellent plan to me, right?

one thing I kept running into was the the page going blank
when appending elements on the body, any ideas on this
one?

but thanks, I'll go for one of the techniques described and
we'lll se how it ends up, I've got the whole script ready, just
need to get it to be able to open more than one instance

/pär