Personally, I find the .data() function in jQuery very useful. I can keep my
html clean, and just attach data to the elements.

What I'm finding myself needing though, is a way to persist some data client
side across pages.

Unfortunately, it wasn't as simple as $(window).data('key', 'value')

Aside from cookies and appending to the url, is there a way to accomplish
this client side?

I couldn't find a plugin while searching yesterday that would accomplish
this, and was hoping someone here had an idea.

Thanks
-c