Autocomplete does have a 'delay' option (in milliseconds) such that if
you typed a character immediately after another character, and the
time difference is less than the time set in 'delay', then your
previous call will not be executed. In your case, you probably typed
'r' then 's' too quickly. By default, it's 400ms, or a little less
than half a second.

If you want it to call with just about nearly every keystroke, set
delay to a very low number (I'm not sure if 0 is a valid value or not.
Just put 10 to be safe.) Provided you don't type at 10,000 WPM speeds
(un-educated guess) then you probably won't have a problem.