hi, am trying to do image-hide/img-show with jQuery (now use 'regular'
JavaScript DOM-scripting..  want to switch to jQuery..  but am having
some difficulties:

I have this function-call in interface:

  get_img('photo1','nav1','navAll1','photo2','nav2','navAll2')

in function -- old way:

function get_img
(curr_img,curr_nav,curr_navAll,new_img,new_nav,new_navAll)  {
        var img_top    = document.getElementById(curr_img);
        var img_new    = document.getElementById(new_img);    //  etc..

how do I do this in jQuery?  I tried:

        var img_top    = $("#curr_img");
        var img_top    = $(curr_img);

neither one of these is working..  and worst problem is I don't get
errors in Firefox Error Console (jQuery syntax errors don't show in FF
Error Console...  is there a place where you can check your jQuery
syntax??)

the element id's are passed to the function as string values..  so how
do I add this string value to a wrapper like this

    $('# <id passed to function>')????

thank you...

thank you very much...