I know that the recommended usage in all the books/blogs/web sites is
the bind() method in the        $(document).ready(function() {}

 However I am finding that very often my users are taking action by
clicking etc before the page has completely loading. This usually
results in a full form postback instead of AJAX, or worse nothing
happens at all.

I understand that the bind method within the .ready function works
best if the handler requires an element further down the page that may
not have been loaded yet.  But if I do not rely on anything further
down the page, is there any good reason not to use the onClick=""
attribute, to wire-up my event handlers immediately rather than
waiting for the full page to be loaded?