Try disabling the button, then reenabling it with jQuery?

-----Original Message-----
From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:jquery...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of reach4thelasers
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2009 8:39 AM
To: jQuery (English)
Subject: [jQuery] $("button").Bind("click", function) Vs <button
onClick="function/>

I know that the recommended usage in all the books/blogs/web sites is
the bind() method in the        $(document).ready(function() {}

 However I am finding that very often my users are taking action by clicking
etc before the page has completely loading. This usually results in a full
form postback instead of AJAX, or worse nothing happens at all.

I understand that the bind method within the .ready function works best if
the handler requires an element further down the page that may not have been
loaded yet.  But if I do not rely on anything further down the page, is
there any good reason not to use the onClick=""
attribute, to wire-up my event handlers immediately rather than waiting for
the full page to be loaded?