I am successfully using clueTip to make ajax requests that return
either xml or json and populate the tooltips. It is working great.
However, I am trying to make my code more sophisticated to handle
exceptions and I need access to the xhr to do that properly. I have
been unable to find a way to get access to the xhr using clueTip,
especially in the ajaxProcess function. Is there a way to do this?

Here is what I am trying to do:

ajaxProcess: function(xhr, data) {
                return checkResponse(xhr.status, data);
            }

//Pseudo-code
function checkHttpStatusCode(statusCode, data){
  //Check the status code and send back the error message in the
returned xml packet if there is one.