On Apr 23, 3:45 pm, Adam <hedgoma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > That sounds like a potential accessibility issue.
>
> I certainly think so, hence the question :]

Why can't you just include the content from the server?

If the goal is to have the information when the page loads, send it in
the initial request. Bots will see the links, the links will degrade,
and you will have less javascript on the page.

> > Such script tags should be moved to just before </
> > body>.
>
> They are, but this still produces the problem since that's still part
> of the DOM we're waiting on.

Eliminate possibility that there is initial latency with lori FF
plugin.

You didn't say if the ads are in iframes. Either way, the ads can be
moved down and repositioned with CSS. If the ads are in frames.

One possible load order:-
[content]
[your scripts]
[analytic scripts]

Firebug's Net tab has request info, so you can see which request is
taking the longest. For other browsers on Windows, Fiddler provides
information about requests on a page. It could very well be an image
that your page uses. Possibly the CDN is not performing well enough.

Garrett