Thank you for responding, Ricardo.

On May 4, 11:20 am, Ricardo <ricardob...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My bet is that jQuery and some of the other (many) scripts are colliding,
> since the '$' object is being overwritten.

I am not sure that I understand when you say that the '$' is being
overwritten.

Also, this is the first time that I have had to troubleshoot a problem
with jQuery that has not been signaled by Firebug.  Indeed, if it were
not for certain recommended IE hacks and minor Mozilla CSS code
necessary to achieve rounded corners in the absence of JavaScript, my
webpage validates flawlessly for both HTML and CSS.

Could you recommend some sort of procedure that I might follow to
isolate the source of conflict?

For example, I shut down SVG-Roundies in all of its aspects and
discovered no change in the overall behavior of my webpage vis-à-vis
other JavaScript inputs including jQ Impromptu.

> Your page also seems to be triggering quirks mode in the browser.

I am unable to run Internet Explorer, as I am working on a Mac and do
not have a copy of Windows.

Roddy