Hi Bart,

Try the following.

In your page just have an empty body tag and a script tag in the head. In
the script tag, invoke blockUI and then use ajax to load the entire content
into the body (or any container of your choice, really). See the following
example:

index.html (simplified)
================

<head>
<script type="text/javascript">
$(function()
{
    $.blockUI({message: "Loading..."});
    $("body").load("contenttoload.html", function()
    {
        $.unblockUI();
</script>
</head>
<!-- empty body -->

contenttoload.html (simplified)
=====================

I hope this helps. The idea is to reduce the content-length of index.html so
that the blockUI function is invoked almost as soon as the minimal html
loads. Then the real content of your page can just be loaded into the body
via an AJAX call. And then at the end, just unblock the UI.

Do let me know if this works for you.

Cheers.

Anand.

--