I still have the problem of getting the ajaxForm() function to work
with <input type="image"> of JQuery Form Plugin 2.28 (with JQuery
1.2.6), which is supposed to fix a similar/related issue.

For the first mouse click on the type-image-input, _all_ form vars are
POSTed correctly, including, e.g., """&vu.x=13&vu.y=7""" and updates
the designated portion within the outer <form>...</form> with the AJAX
response, everything seems to be fine.

However, the """&""" vars are completely missing from the _subsequent_
AJAX POSTs.

I try to set "semantic: True" according to its documentation, but to
no avail.

It probably still sounds hopelessly confusing -- the live problem is
with the link vote up/down portion of the site http://collectivesys.com
(sorry registration/login is required to vote).

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Jerry