On May 26, 5:51 am, infoaddicted <jack.lapla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> According to the documentation, the body of your ready function will
> execute when the DOM has loaded and is ready to traverse. The last two
> scripts manipulate the DOM, so I would put the ready function
> afterward so I could be more confident in the results.
>
> This is a good area for experimentation.  Try creating a simple
> function that toggles, say, a text style. Call your toggle function
> from inside a ready function and also put a copy in a <script src ... />
> file, then move them around, changing the order of the <script
>
> src ... /> and the $(document).ready().  You might be able to learn
> something by doing that which you could share with us and get a deeper
> understanding of execution order with jQuery.

Hi, Jack!

I know longer believe that the order in which I have entered my script
tags is the source of the problem, but have made note of your method
of experimentation for future similar difficulties.  Please see my
note to Ricardo for a further explanation of a more probable source of
failure.

Roddy