Hi,

I have such a piece of html:

To handle AJAX request when clicking on anchor I have registered
handler on click event:

        $('.addToFriends a').click(function(event){
                var target = $(event.target);
                if (target.is('a')) {
                  // if I click on SPAN element following fragment
won't execute!

                  // do ajax request
                }
                event.preventDefault();
                event.stopPropagation();
        });

My questions are:

 - why click event is raised for span element? After all, I didn't
bind click event to SPAN elements
 - apart from previous question, I thought that if I won't handle SPAN
click event, browser will use event-bubbling to raise click event for
anchor (if I won't call event.stopPropagation()). But I also didn't
work out for me as that click event is raised only once

So now, I got round that problem I my solution is:

        $('.addToFriends a').click(function(event){
                var target = $(event.target);
                if (!target.is('a')) {
                  target = target.parent('a')

But still, I'm curious why it works like this...

Thanks,

Paweł