The main reason i put all my scripts in plugins is to reduce the amount of
js conflicts.

like if i make a custom animation. I put it in a plug in.
If i make a custom function my site uses a lot. i put it in a plugin. :)
then i just call it by some one-liners.

i look making my own plug in. you can try it out, but do whats comfortable
for you. everyone has their own way of coding :)