Thanks!

Appreciate the time.

Dave

  _____

From: Gustavo Salomé [mailto:gustavon...@gmail.com]
Sent: June-02-09 5:41 PM
To: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
Subject: [jQuery] Re: Ajax forms

Its simple.
Just remove the $.post function then do this:
$(this).ajaxSubmit({
                               type:   'post',
                               url:    '/update',
                               data:   queryString,
                               target:         '#userForm',
                               success:        function()
{alert(queryString);}
           });
           return false; // <-- important!

2009/6/2 Dave Maharaj :: WidePixels.com <d...@widepixels.com>

Can someone give me a hand getting this right. Using the jQuery Form Plugin
on http://malsup.com/jquery/form/ I am trying to submit a form but the
script I am having problems with. I know its wrong...but cant figure out how
to remove the duplicate post and url parts.

$(document).ready(function() {
     $('#UpdateForm').bind('submit', function() {
       var queryString = $('#UpdateForm').formSerialize();
       $.post('/update', queryString);
           $(this).ajaxSubmit({
                               type:   'post',
                               url:    '/update',
                               target:         '#userForm',
                               success:        function()
{alert(queryString);}
           });
           return false; // <-- important!

Can someone point out the correct way to set up this function?

Thanks,

Dave

--
Gustavo Salome Silva