what i havev done is constructe my page and all things working etc etc
but long winded, then what I do is then begin to reduce the code down
that is on that page whether it be asp, php of js, this way I learn
more about the script and in future do that method instead and then my
coding gets reduced on the fly etc,any way  i set three variables up
like $.myVariable1 the 2 then 3 stupid of me, in my mind thought i
should do an array from the start but nevermind.  Anyway what I mean
updating I mean going through each variable and changing it to an
array through out my page to $.myVariable(1) etc but thats not a
problem just pain :-)

Many thanks
Si