Thanks for the reply. I had given this a try but sadly it doesn't work
as expected. I did some research on documentFragments and found
following on http://ejohn.org/blog/dom-documentfragments/#comment-319149
(need to click "Show Comments" to reach this place) -

"# Obvious, but sometimes overlooked: the fragment is self contained.
This means, the fragment doesn't have access to objects outside of it
(i.e. part of the main document). Thus, even if you have CSS classes
(class attribute) set in an element, it is not possible to query based
on properties set and/or modified by that CSS class. Basically the
classes set in the class attribute, if defined outside the fragment,
become just simple labels."

so this means searching elements inside the fragment is not supported.

Is there any work around available for this?

Thanks,
amit