Thanks Eric,

Actually I really need to access to a method inside another function.
I created a simple example however my aim is calling a "public method" (let me use public) that has been defined inside a function like that

$(
        function(){
                function openMenu(){
                        doSomething(x);
                }
                function closeMenu(){
                        doSomething(x);

);
the real method open a slide menu, in fact all the function define several method to manage this menu and I would like that openMenu is called when the page has been loaded.

For that reason, because I have already a function that contain a $(document).ready(function()
I simply wanted to nest the call to my "public method" inside that function.

Are you suggesting to add a $(document).ready(function() inside my slideMenu Function?

like that

$(
        function(){
		$(document).ready(function(){openMenu();
		});
                function openMenu(){
                        doSomething(x);
                }
                function closeMenu(){
                        doSomething(x);

);

Please, I am very interested to the long short story, where can I read it?
Cheers

Eric Garside ha scritto:
Long story short, you can't do what you're trying to do. You have some
massive scoping issues. first, anything within you document.ready
function (as defined by $(funciton(){..});) that gets declared in
there is accessible only inside that function itself.

Now, I'm not sure what you're actually trying to accomplish here, as
this example is a bit on the simple side. Could you give a broader
idea of your goal? That'd help in putting you on the right direction
to the best way to get this done (as if you're merely trying to echo a
variable, there's way better implementations than what you've
described).