so I tried this and added this to my mycarousel_itemLoadCallback
function (I looked at the JCarousel source code and thought maybe this
would work):

this.buttonNext[0].jcarouselstate = 'enabled';

it seemed to enable it, but then my fing pictures did not render!  I'm
about to lose it.

Anyone have any time to maybe try to help me out here.  I'm looking at
this documentation and wondering how the hell people are even
manipulating this plug-in at all.  For example look at these guys,
they manipulated the hell out of the Carousel and I have no idea how
the heck they even figure out how to use the functions or where they
are getting all these nifty functions.  I assume half of it is just
using the jQuery library selectors on an object but still:

http://usejquery.com/sites/296