was trying to look at the navbar and didn't see protoype script there

one problem is you have 2 versions of jquery.js loading, one with each plugin. That can cause problems. Keep the top one, delete bottom one. See if that helps. If menu problem persists seeing a version with no other scripts running might help

if you use prototye put the jQuery.noConflict() right at beginning of the script tag with $(document).ready and place it before $(document).ready, then you have to change all "$" used for jQuery functions to "jQuery".

JayD wrote:
Hi,

Firstly, really like Superfish!

Also should mention I'm a complete noob when it comes to _javascript_
code.

Have successfully implemented the out-of-the-box Superfish nav-bar
style within this website though - it's temporarily located here
http://www.the2jays.com/index.php (note this site is still very much
under construction, styling is still yet to be done (including the nav
bar) and the site-wide build is only partially uploaded to the remote
server).

The site is a partial rebuild/ redesign and the old site used Lokesh
Dhakar's lightbox2 on a number of pages (page contents on the new site
are to remain the same as the old). On pages that reference the
lightbox2 script (using 'Prototype _javascript_ framework - version
1.4.0') a slight conflict with the desired rendering of the Superfish
nav-bar seems to occur - example page http://www.the2jays.com/news/papua-new-guinea001.php

Lightbox2 seems to still work fine and so does Superfish mostly,
however the ‘PHP if statement’ generating the ‘current class tab’ on
the top level 'News' button is lost/ missing and the second tier level
button row has greater space between it and the top level than desired
(while on this page mouse-over a different top level button to see
what I mean).

Hope the above makes sense.

When I turn off <script type="text/_javascript_" src=""></script> in the head section of the page Superfish
appears perfect so I'm assuming it's got something to do with the
‘prototype’ framework ?

I've looked at 'jQuery with Other Libraries' but as a noob this is
over-my-head atm http://docs.jquery.com/Using_jQuery_with_Other_Libraries
and to be honest I'm not sure if I'm on the right track.

Did also try turning 'Lokesh Dhakar's lightbox2' off and used 'jQuery
Lightbox 0.5' instead thinking the two jQuery scripts should work
together. The same problem still occurred however.

Anyway, thought at this point I should probably post here and see if
someone can assist me.

Thanks in advance.

JayD