Thanks Charlie,

Greatly appreciate your assistance with this. Unfortunately however
still no joy...

I'd prefer to continue using the Prototype version of Lightbox and
I've now been informed by other team members that I must so am really
keen to get Superfish and Lightbox2 working properly independent of
one another on this and similar pages.

Have had a go at implementing jQuery.noConflict(); and you'll be able
to see how I've gone about doing this within the head section of the
same page as before http://www.the2jays.com/news/papua-new-guinea001.php
. Not sure if I followed your instructions to a tee though: I added
what I thought to be the correct jQuery.noConflict(); code to the
existing Superfish script tag within the page head.
I then proceeded to change/ swap out (used Dreamweaver's 'find and
replace') every instance of '$' in the two external javascript files
related to Superfish - superfish.js & hoverIntent.js . I've not made
any changes to the jquery-1.2.6.min.js file contents. I was assuming
this is what you meant by, "[...] then you have to change all "$" used
for jQuery functions to "jQuery"."

The reference/ call to the external prototype.js remains positioned
under the above script tag mentioned above.

On the remote website the initial problem still remains so I'm
assuming I've not properly implemented the jQuery.noConflict();

I've been searching the web for a beginners/ n00b step by step
tutorial on how to properly implement jQuery.noConflict(); but yet to
find one so thought I'd post again here .

Thanks again,

JayD